Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's been a minute...

Actually it's been 2 months. Crazy how fast time flies when you have a baby and how little amount of down time you actually have.A lot has gone on since my last blog. From acid reflux, to colic, to explosive diapers...we have had our hands full to say the least! I just wanted to give friends and family a little update on Kinley's growth. Kinley will be 3 months old on July 19th. She is growing up so fast. When we took her for her 2 month checkup she was a healthy 10 lbs 13 oz (50% in weight), and 23 1/2 inches (80% in length). She also has a very small head (20%). The doctor said it was nothing to be concerned about. I myself have to buy kids hats...she got the small head from me ;) I am continuing to breastfeed, although we have been down a rough road with this. Kinley was diagnosed with reflux at 6 weeks old and spent 2 whole weeks screaming (especially during feedings) until the meds kicked in. She slept in her bouncer sitting up until this week. We have finally transitioned her to her little cot and the bed. YAY! So far Kinley is smiling, cooing, swatting at her toys on the play mat, baring weight on her legs when held in the standing position, holding her head up, and using a wide range of vowel sounds. We have conversations, however I think she is speaking French. Kinley has been sleeping 6+ hours a night straight and going 3-4 hours between feedings during the day (3-5 oz).
She just recently began her stubborn streak. She screams in her carseat until she falls asleep and lets you know when she is unhappy. I am hoping this passes quickly. Ike and I cannot wait to hear her laugh for the first time....just waiting any day now! I will post some videos soon so you can see her talking. It's pretty darn cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment