Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

10 "Must-Haves" in the hospital bag

I have a lot of friends who are pregnant, trying, or thinking about trying so I thought I would do a quick blurp about things to bring to the hospital. Some of these I brought and some I wish I would have brought. Here are the 10 must-haves that I came up with.

1. Your own pillow: pack 2 for the hubby and a comfy blanket. The hospital supplies are horrible and you will want to be comfy.
2. Sweatpants and a T-shirt: You are so exhausted when you go home, there is no use in trying to fit into jeans. Plus you are sore and recovering if you know what I mean. Loose is best.
3. Clothes for your hubby: He won't want to leave, so make sure there are a couple days worth of socks and underwear.
4: Big granny panties: Not attractive, but you will need them.
5. Toiletries: The shower was my friend...it is the best shower you will ever take. Bring soap, shampoo, conditioner, and make-up for visitors.
6. Snacks: hospital food=nasty
7. A preemie outfit and a newborn outfit (include socks and a hat): Kinley was too small for newborn outfits, so a preemie outfit was a must. She lived in the same 2 for the first week.
8. A swaddle: The hospital provides a blanket, but the swaddles are so much easier to use and really snug. Kinley had a cheetah print one that she LOVED! The nurses all knew who she was and called her the cheetah burrito. Great memory
9. Notepad and pen: for gifts that arrive. Trust me you won't remember who got you what
10. Camera and CHARGER: no description needed

No comments:

Post a Comment