Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Therapy and Insight

Blogging is like therapy.. Some read blogs because they relate. Some read blogs because they are nosy. Some read blogs because they have nothing to do. I would like to believe that most read blogs because they genuinely like the person writing them. Whoever and however you are, I hope these 25 facts about me help you find something we have in common, feeds your curiosity (I knew it!), passes your time, or reinforces why you and I are friends in the first place.This has nothing to do with my sweet angel. I thought it would be fun to do something about me. A little self reflection...So my therapy begins...

1. I am extremely hot tempered and stubborn, but hide it extremely well
2. I hate competition, but I CAN"T STAND people who thrive on competition even more
3. I love pirates
4. I have an alter ego that I hide inside me. I love tattoos, art, and attitude
5. I don't judge anyone right off the bat, which has developed in me as I have grown into adulthood. I give everyone a chance no matter their looks, race, color, sexual orientation, etc. I do, however, judge if you have given me a reason to.
6. Once my trust is broken it is almost impossible to fully repair it
7. I'm horrible at keeping in touch with people, but would cross the U.S. for an old friend in need
8. My family is about as diverse as they come and to the outside world we look a bit crazy. I love each and every one of them just the way they are
9. I am an ultimate secret keeper
10. I dig old guys
11.I'm not a "pat myself on the back" kind of girl. I analyze everything and wonder how I could have done it better
12. I co-sleep with my child (uh-oh), breastfeed, and don't believe in "crying it out" Call me a hippie if you must
13. I don't go to church that often, but know what I believe and will back it 100%. I am strong in my belief.
14. I expect dedication in my relationships with people because I give dedication to them
15. I look back 10 years ago and don't even recognize myself
16.  I have horrible road rage
17. Family will always come first...I don't care how much money you offer me
18. I cuss...a lot, but I am working on it
19. I used to lack a backbone. That stage is over now
20. I love my job, even on the days when I think I don't. The kids need me and I need them. Loving them may be the only love they see each day. They fill my heart with joy
21. I hate medicine and often refuse to take it.
22. I love antiques and digging for treasures
23. Arrogance is disgusting to me. No one cares how much you make, who you know, how you are better than everyone else. Trust me, NO ONE wants to hear it
24.  I love with my whole heart and have been heartbroken many times before (no, not just by boys)
25. Today I am more me than I have ever been and happier with that than I have ever been. Could I be thinner? Yes....Could I make more money? Yes.....Could I move up in the world? Yes...but I am happy just where I am. I love my family and my diverse set of friends. I love my job. I love my husband and daughter. Life is good :)

I took this from a book that sits on my coffee table. "The Dash" by Linda Ellis talks to my heart every time I read it. I hope it finds a meaning in your heart too. Enjoy!



The Dash  by Linda Ellis
Copyright 1998

I read of a reverend who stood to speak
At the funeral of a friend
He referred to the dates on her tombstone
From the beginning to the end.
He noted that first came the date of her birth
And spoke of the following date with tears,
But he said what mattered most of all
Was the dash between those years.
For that dash represents all the time
That she spent alive on earth.
And now only those who loved her
Know what that little line is worth.
For it matters not, how much we own;
The cars, the house, the cash.
What matters is how we live and love
And how we spend our dash.
So think about this long and hard,
Are there things you'd like to change?
For you never know how much time is left,
That can still be rearranged.
If we could just slow down enough
To consider what's true and real
And always try to understand
The way other people feel.
And be less quick to anger,
And show appreciation more
And love the people in our lives
Like we've never loved before.
If we treat each other with respect,
And more often wear a smile?
Remembering that this special dash
Might only last a little while.
So, when your eulogy's being read
With your life's actions to rehash,
Would you be proud of the things they say
About how you spent your dash?

No comments:

Post a Comment