Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blue or Pink

Ike and I went into the doctor for our 20 week sonogram and we anxiously awaited the news...boy or girl? Seeing as though we knew the Anderson's just didn't have girls EVER, we just knew that we were going to be welcoming a sweet baby boy into the world. We had the name, nursery theme, everything! SUPRISE! I believe the conversation with the doctor went something like this,

Dr: "Well do you want to guess what you are having?"

Both of us: "Boy" in unison 

Dr: "Well....it's a little girl!"

Me: "Umm are you sure?"

Dr: "Yes honey I have known for 10 minutes, I just hadn't told you yet. Your little girl is very cooperative!"

Me: Silence.....and then sobs of happiness.

I forgot for a second that Ike was sitting next to me, due to pure shock. I looked over at him and he looked happy yet I noticed an underlying fearful look come across his face. We squeezed each others hands and our hearts were never the same. A sweet precious little girl.

On the way home we called the family and then our friends to let them know the news. It was a surreal moment. After our 100 calls we sat in the car in traffic a little quiet. I looked over at Ike and asked what he was thinking (you know the woman question every man hates). He answered very seriously, "I need to get a gym membership and a concealed handgun license. We are also going to be broke."

I laughed hysterically and knew from that point on that our sweet girl would always be taken care of....and that she was going to have a really hard time dating :)


1 comment:

  1. I think I remember having a very similar conversation...hahaha!! Daniel also got his concealed hand gun license after Briley was born!! LOL!! I tell him "American Girl" by Carrie Underwood is his theme song :)

    ReplyDelete